So my cousin from China has never made her own pancakes before so I thought I’d share how I like my pancakes in the morning!
And she also has never been to London, so I had a bit of a tourist moment to show people around the world some of London.
Blueberry Pancakes recipe:
Serves 1-2 people
1/2 cup plain flour
A punnet of blueberries and honey to serve
100ml milk (adjust as necessary for the consistency of your pancake)
- Beat the egg.
- Mix in the flour.
- Add the milk slowly to archive the consistency that you want. The thicker the consistency the thicker the pancakes, and the longer it will take to cook.
- Mix all of the ingredients well and then leave to combine for a few minutes.
- In a well oiled medium heat frying pan, use a ladle to proportion the pancakes and drop in some blueberries. Leave it to cook on one side.
- When the pancake is able to move/be peeled off, flip it over to cook the other side until equally toasted.
- Serve with blueberries and honey, bon appetite!
Great variations of this recipe is to replace the egg with a very ripe banana to make banana pancakes. To add a healthy kick, switch the plain flour for wholemeal plain flour!
So how do YOU like your pancakes?? Savoury or sweet? Have a weird combination/topping you like? Lets us know in the comments below!