During my recent trip to the north of Italy (and Switzerland) You can read about here, I realised quite a few things in my surroundings that’s different to life in the UK. Here’s 10 fun things that I learnt whilst in Italy.
- Italians really like to take their time and enjoy their food and drinks – every restaurant and cafe I went into, everyone was taking their time and enjoying each others company.
- Italians do actually eat a LOT of pizza and pasta! – The majority of people everywhere I went were eating a slice of pizza or a plate of fresh pasta!
- Every angle of Lake Como is picturesque – I mean… LOOK AT IT!
- When you ‘walk a dog’ it actually walks you! – I’m going to assume Italian dog owners love their dogs so much they let them lead the walk.
- Punctuality still isn’t on any Italians priority list – never was never will be!
- You learn to love coffee and wine and how to drink it – always order a coffee after a meal!
- Olives and ham aren’t actually supposed to be that salty – everything is so salty in the UK!
- You can’t have too many vineyards – when you drive from Milan to Venice and pass through all the major white and sparking vineyards/wineries, you can’t NOT have a glass of wine
- Italians like to talk – it seems rude to get straight to the point, get to know them a little first.
- Italians are pretty straight talking – they know what they want and how to get it!
But most of all, Italy is the most beautiful place I’ve visited and the culture there is amazing!