I learnt A LOT in 2015, and in around 365 days I’d be worried if I didn’t! So here are some of the things I regretted, some resolutions for 2016 and some dates to put into your calendar!
- I learnt that I hate working on special occasions; my birthday, at Christmas, New years, valentines day and my favourite holiday Halloween!
No, you will regret it even if you ‘only work during the day’. So I’m now vowing to never work on a day that I want to enjoy, and take those holidays I deserve! Which brings me onto my next lesson..
- I will overcome my anxiety and ask for the holidays I want.
What’s the worst that could happen? They say no, and I work that day. Better to have asked than to never have asked and regret later, because you have to live with that regret.
So my resolutions for 2016….
- Take time to relax.
I love keeping busy and seeing my next pay check, but spending time with people you love and chilling out is good for your health. Even for a little retail therapy time! Working overtime back to back isn’t that great when you’re exhausted and dealing with stress, it all builds up and you break down eventually.
- Spend time with friends and family more.
It’s hard keeping in touch when all of your friends move away after university. But if you all make an effort to meet up every now and again it’s like you only just met yesterday, and you pick up from where you left off. It’s difficult with everyones different schedules, but it’s doable if you all love each other enough!
- Remember what I want career wise.
I might not know what I want exactly as my career, but not being side tracked by comfort in something is what I have to focus on. Getting stuck in a comfortable bubble or routine or even a job is easy, but it won’t get you your dreams! So challenge yourself and take a leap of faith, you’ll be leaving to do something you love and no one can be mad about that!
Dates for 2016…
- Summer time officially starts on 27th March 2016, so summer and sunshine is closer than you think. The days are getting longer a little as you get closer to daylight saving time in the UK anyway, so hurray for sunlight.
- So many amazing movies, Deadpool, The Secret Life of Pets.. and so many more.
- If you loved my H&M X Balmain live blogging then look out for their new collaboration date in 2016!
Do you have any resolutions for 2016? Let us know how they are going in the comments below!
Cheers to a love of love, prosperity, and luck to a great 2016!